What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AirVenture donuts?

n700jl

Well Known Member
I sure hope that EAA is going to bring back the homemade cake donuts on the flightline this year. I don't think I have ever seen my family so disappointed at AirVenture, when they found out they had to eat some wanna be donuts from an unknown source! Does anybody have some inside information on this? Thanks!

Jon, this will be my 25th consecutive Oshkosh trip, and I've watched the convention change considerably over that time. Some changes have been good, some bad, all depending on what each of us perceives as important.

The fresh doughnuts were a mainstay of the experience for me, just as the soft-serve cones. They became my reason for crawling out of my sleeping bag each morning.

This may be my last trip to Oshkosh for many reasons. I won't say that the disappearance of those doughnuts is THE reason why it may be my last ... but I won't deny it. ;)

Donuts

Don,
Thanks for the reply! There was just something about sitting there with my family on a dew covered picnic table with airplanes flying all around eating hot donuts. Maybe they will be back? I sure hope so.
You know they were good when people would wait 20 min to get one!

There was just something about sitting there with my family on a dew covered picnic table with airplanes flying all around eating hot donuts.

We stayed at a fancy B&B in Appleton for 5 years with 4 coarse breakfast on china served every morning. We would skip out of that half the mornings to be standing in line when the donut placed opened. That is how much we loved them and they were a part of our OSH experience.

The Tall Pines restaurant down near the Ultralights makes fresh donuts every morning. Great breakfast too. I highly recommend the biscuits and gravy. It's a hike from the HBC area but the ultralights are often flying early in the morning and they're always fun to watch. Tall Pines is run by a bunch of Vintage Aircraft Association (VAA) volunteers so your money is going to a good organization to boot.

Tim Popp
RV-7

Donuts on Wednesday

There will be donuts available at the Homebuilder's Registration Building Wednesday morning, beginning at 7:30.

Donuts. Are. Back!

Yes, you read that. Back by popular demand. Enjoy!
image_zps57a8d2b9.jpg

Back