What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Spotlight on Danny King at Oshkosh

It was great to see both Danny King and Jason Seavolt and their aircraft at Garmin this year. Danny was there most days until noon and talked to myself and many others for hours about his new Garmin avionics and many other aspects of his well-known Beautiful Doll, holding court as only he can. Jason Seavolt was also at his plane frequently and talked at length to many people who were attracted to the newer plane with the beautiful new paint and incredible Garmin panel. They're both great ambassadors for Van's, Garmin and homebuilt aircraft in general. I always enjoy talking with them both.

I missed Danny. Wish I could have talked to him.

Jason was just great. Knowledgeable and friendly. He really knew his airplane and did a textbook best methods install of his G3X. He does IFR flying in Alaska and made sure his antennas had the best possible view of the sky. He did a particularly good fit of his canopy skirt fiberglass. He was a great ambassador for both Van's owners and Garmin. ��

Jim

Evangelist

Danny has probably "sold" more RV-8s for Van than Van. I mean he's an evangelist for the design and is passionate about the -8 over any other Vans model. He (along with my younger brother) certainly convinced me to build an -8 -- a decision I have never regretted :D.

In this era of modern marketing with digital campaigns, celebrity endorsements and high dollar ad budgets, Van has prospered using the old fashioned "build a better mousetrap" thinking and devoted builders/promoters like Danny.

Well done everyone. My compliments.

Chris

Back