What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

prop spacer and SJ cowl?

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I've got an IO360 on my 9A, and I'm about to order the prop (Whirlwind 200RV) and I'm putting this under the Sam James cowl. What size prop spacer is going to be needed for that cowl?

I have a 2.25" spacer. I think you are okay up to 2.5" with the "long" cowl. When I called Saber to order a 2.5", but he had a pretty good discount on a 2.25" that was returned, so I grabbed it.

Golly, Sabre just makes some beautiful parts.

Yes, actually for me I used the 2.5" as the bolts were cheaper. YMMV

Call Sam at Sabre.

I have a 2.25" spacer. I think you are okay up to 2.5" with the "long" cowl. When I called Saber to order a 2.5", but he had a pretty good discount on a 2.25" that was returned, so I grabbed it.

Brian - to my uncalibrated eyeball looking at that photo, it sure looks like your spacer is about 4" wide - is the measurement taken from one of the insets and not the full outside width of the spacer?

For calibration purposes.....That's a 6"wide shelf it is sitting on.

I didn't measure the diameter but guess it is 6". The thickness of the spacer is measured from the front face of the Aluminum to the back face...2.25" in my case.

Back