What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

5 hours, 2 F22s, 1 mini-aussie.....

bsacks05

Well Known Member
Lots of RVating today! 5 hours in the saddle of N659DB took me from home base PXE (Perry, GA) to Ocala, Fl (OCF) to Pensacola (PNS), and back to PXE.

dec2109.jpg

One of my favorite destinations is Ocala. My sister lives there and always comes out to the airport to meet me for lunch when I fly down. The Tailwinds Cafe is fantastic...always.

1141303.jpg

Browsing the Pilots N Paws site, I noticed an opportunity to fly a mini-Australian shepherd from Ocala to Pensacola. Well, I was going to Ocala anyway to visit Liz and I have wanted to fly to PNS for a long time to visit the museum there. Hmmmmm.

So, I did it.

Departed PXE at 0800
Arrived OCF at 0930
Breakfast...yum
Pack up the pooch
Don life vest
1045 Depart OCF for PNS

1141314.jpg

1141316.jpg

Since I would be flying over part of the Gulf of Mexico, I thought it a good idea to wear the life vest I paid so much for and have only used twice until today. We (me and KoKo) climbed to 6500 ft and remained within sight of land as we made our way over the northern Gulf waters.
This part of the country has a heavy concentration of military bases and a lot of training activity so ATC services are a must have.
Flying over Tyndall AFB: "N659DB turn right 40 degrees for traffic departing Tyndall. Two F22's will do a quick climb out and depart to the south"
From 6500 ft I watched them depart and climb straight up to about 10000 before turning. All I can say is that they were very, very fast and going vertical. The climb couldn't have taken more than 5 seconds. No time for me to fiddle with the camera. Amazing.

1245 (eastern time) Landed at PNS and handed off KoKo to his new owner, Leah.

1141321.jpg

1330 Departed PNS....the museum will be there next time I come to PNS and I will be back.

1500 Arrived back at PXE.

I think that is the most flying I've done in one day. :)

Last edited:
While you were terrorizing the west coast....

....Jack and I were terrorizing the east coast.

I flew to Allendale, S.C. to pick him up, then to Fernandina to pick up a repoed Air Tractor 502 and deliver it to FD30, Southeastern Aircraft's home base just west of Ft. Pierce. Dropped Jack off around 4:00 p.m. in Allendale and flew home...almost 1,000 miles with time to spare....these airplanes are something:)

Track here:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0vUknkNnN1NvSX2eyon0NyA7q40FKHhYO

Best,

Good Job

Lots of RVating today! 5 hours in the saddle of N659DB took me from home base PXE (Perry, GA) to Ocala, Fl (OCF) to Pensacola (PNS), and back to PXE.

dec2109.jpg

One of my favorite destinations is Ocala. My sister lives there and always comes out to the airport to meet me for lunch when I fly down. The Tailwinds Cafe is fantastic...always.

1141303.jpg

Browsing the Pilots N Paws site, I noticed an opportunity to fly a mini-Australian shepherd from Ocala to Pensacola. Well, I was going to Ocala anyway to visit Liz and I have wanted to fly to PNS for a long time to visit the museum there. Hmmmmm.

So, I did it.

Departed PXE at 0800
Arrived OCF at 0930
Breakfast...yum
Pack up the pooch
Don life vest
1045 Depart OCF for PNS

1141314.jpg

1141316.jpg

Since I would be flying over part of the Gulf of Mexico, I thought it a good idea to wear the life vest I paid so much for and have only used twice until today. We (me and KoKo) climbed to 6500 ft and remained within sight of land as we made our way over the northern Gulf waters.
This part of the country has a heavy concentration of military bases and a lot of training activity so ATC services are a must have.
Flying over Tyndall AFB: "N659DB turn right 40 degrees for traffic departing Tyndall. Two F22's will do a quick climb out and depart to the south"
From 6500 ft I watched them depart and climb straight up to about 10000 before turning. All I can say is that they were very, very fast and going vertical. The climb couldn't have taken more than 5 seconds. No time for me to fiddle with the camera. Amazing.

1245 (eastern time) Landed at PNS and handed off KoKo to his new owner, Leah.

1141321.jpg

1330 Departed PNS....the museum will be there next time I come to PNS and I will be back.

1500 Arrived back at PXE.

I think that is the most flying I've done in one day. :)

I saw you there at OCF yesterday, I was the one in the VAF hat coming out of the terminal.
Happy flying.:D

Back