What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bulb Replacement

Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
Sorry for the ignorant question, but where does one find replacement white wingtip strobe bulbs for an RV-6?

Do you know which brand/model of strobes you have?

Aircraft Spruce, Chief Aircraft, and others sell replacement parts for the most common models of strobes, but you'll need to know the make/model to order the correct parts.

Keep an eye on the "bay" too. I found a NOS Welen bulb for much less a while back. Just search on your p/n. I see someone has a couple NOS A610 for $50 ea.
BTW, I have a Nova 904 power pack in my system. The commercial/safety xenon power packs are GONE. All LEDs now. Hope mine holds on!

Last edited:
Pics of Bulb...

eWLYd5n.jpg

uS5KyVq.jpg

zUhrCS0.jpg

LOe2hxq.jpg

B5SV8iJ.jpg

Bulbs are planted underground, lamps go into normal fittings, filaments go into airplanes, these are discharge tubes....:D

Oh, we Brits can be so pedantic.

Be wary of NOS strobe flash tubes. They have a shelf life and they actually go bad just from age. Also, when you remove the shroud from the light assy (as in your photo above), don't let the lenses fall out. They are glass, expensive, and sometimes back-ordered. Aeroleds makes a direct replacement for the Whelen A600 assy. Not cheap, but more reliable.

Back