What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Insurance

redhawk

Well Known Member
Just wondering about recommendations for insurance broker ?
Seems mine is getting a bit ridiculously expensive !

Have you tried Gallagher Aviation yet? They advertise here and even post quite often. I have my builders policy through them.

Ins. increases

Earlier this month my renewal was due and my premium was increased significantly, we are talking in excess of 50%. When I questioned my broker I was told there was nothing they could do as this was an industry wide increase.
Are anyone else experiencing similar increases?

Earlier this month my renewal was due and my premium was increased significantly, we are talking in excess of 50%. When I questioned my broker I was told there was nothing they could do as this was an industry wide increase.
Are anyone else experiencing similar increases?

Mine renewed at the first of June and it was basically the same as last year. It did increase by about $30 because I increased the insured value.

Mine is handled by the fine people at Gallagher (Hi Shawna!!!)

Last edited:
I recently renewed in Canada. My long term broker's first price had a 26% increase with a higher deductible. When I questioned it they dropped their price to a 12% increase. Since I had contacted 3 different brokers I had a price that was an 8.6% increase with zero deductible and I switched to them. What irritated me most was my long term broker didn't give me their best price to start with! Since I don't do business like that I would have likely switched even if their second price was the lowest. One of the three who you'd expect to be a serious competitor still hasn't responded.

I'm likely not a great example but mine went down significantly ($400 drop?) It was the first renewal so I expect going from zero time and a new airplane to 300 hrs + adding an instrument rating was the reason for the reduction.

Gallagher all the way. I've been with them for a few years now for my flying aircraft and RV project insurance, as well. Just got off the phone with Shanna at Gallagher this morning regarding some super goofy ridiculous insurance requests I've been throwing at her to help with, she is simply, truly great! And they throw a mean party at OSH!!

I went through Gallagher as well. This is my first Airplane povy and I only have around 250hrs. The rate was very reasonable.

Mine just renewed, with a 4.5% increase. Given inflation is nearly 4%, I consider that acceptable.
I use Gallagher, and am a satisfied customer. Remember, a broker is not the actual insurance company, they don't set the rates. They give service.

Prices do seem to be up across the board. I exceeded 1000 hours PIC and got my instrument recently, both of which should have made me a better risk - and mine still went up a few percent from last year.

This lady speaks directly with underwriters, not computer quotes like some others do. In fact the first quote she gave me I thought was just a little high so I asked her about it and after talking with the underwriter she got me a big price discount.

Denise Porter
Aviation West Insurance Brokers, LLC
P.O. Box 1509
Vista, CA 92085-1509
T. (760) 727-7444
F. (760) 727-7555
Cell (760) 519-8605

Alex Hunt at Air Capital is beyond amazing. His rate was cheap, great coverage and his customer service is top notch.

Got a good quote from Gallagher today. Katie?s quote was over $100 cheaper than the a AIG quote I got from another company.
Thanks for the responses!

My latest quote went up $100 on my Lancair. I've been with Ladd/Gardner for for well over 15 years, they seem to be the lowest price with the best coverage. My yearly quotes range from $1700 to over $4000 for the same coverage, different underwriters.

I've been using the EAA Insurance agency Falcon. Just renewed my insurance this month, and the rate for my Grumman Traveler dropped by 13%, while my builders all risk policy on my RV-10 (not yet flying) stayed the same as last year. I've been happy with them to date.

Back