What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon SkyView New Firmware Released

Pdtofly

Well Known Member
Patron
Dynon just released the new 15.4.7 firmware today for all the SkyView products. You can download it from their website. There is also a sensor file that needs to be updated too.

It will fix the GPS problem for the 250, and there is a firmware update for the GPS 2020 to fix the NACv bug on the ADSB report. The install manual tells how to install the GPS 2020 update. Folks, it take about 15 min to do the update, so please be patient when it installs, and wait for the finished page to display.

If the manual does not make since to you installing the GPS 2020 update, email me at [email protected], and I will send you a step by step instruction file with pictures.

Brian

Last edited:
Note that for those with an RV-12/12iS, Van's will post the Skyview software and settings on our web site once validated. Please obtain it via that route if installing on an RV-12 as that is the supported method.

Dynon SkyView WiFi update

So any one know what this really is?

Fixed: SkyView can now transition between different Wi-Fi connected applications (such as ForeFlight and FlyQ) more reliably.

So any one know what this really is?

Fixed: SkyView can now transition between different Wi-Fi connected applications (such as ForeFlight and FlyQ) more reliably.

I can't be sure but I have found that closing Foreflight after it made its initial connection would result in no ADS-B data after restarting FF. Flight plan transfer continued to work. Had to power cycle the screen to get the full connection again.

Hopefully, this is now fixed.

Start Skyview before opening Foreflight

I have found that starting up the skyview screens first and then opening Foreflight makes all the difference. If I do that, I have a full connection between Foreflight and skyview. If Foreflight is running when I start the plane and The screens come on I have no flight plan transfer, not sure about ADS-B.

When did the ADS-B data, weather and traffic start working. I just changed to the new ADS-B receiver 472 and get traffic and weather on the ipad from Skyview. Never got it before. Was the ADS-B 472 required?

Back