What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How do I stretch the cowl?

dwilson

Well Known Member
I have trimmed the length of the cowl on my RV10 twice and it is still too short!;)

Is there a good way to add a little extra back on to the aft edge of the cowl when it gets trimmed to much?
Flox and fabric?

Only need about 1/16th of an inch.

"Paging Dr. Horton, Paging Dr. Horton....."

I have done it more than once, but no one can explain and illustrate it better than Dan!

Thanks Paul

I looked for a prior thread that I seem to remember reading. At the time I figured that I would never need to do such a thing!!!!

Could not find the thread, but figured Dan would be able to shed much needed light.

The short answer is ...

YES ... it's not hard to do at all. The description would be long and complicated, but the process is actually quite simple. If you don't find the info at Dan the FG Man's site, let me know.

I have trimmed the length of the cowl on my RV10 twice and it is still too short!;)

Is there a good way to add a little extra back on to the aft edge of the cowl when it gets trimmed to much?
Flox and fabric?

Only need about 1/16th of an inch.
Duane, this is the classified section. What am I missing?

I don't see it in the classified section

Sorry,
I thought I put it in the general section. Now I see it in the Avionics/interiors/fiberglass section. Maybe one of the moderators can fix it if I messed up.

Thanks,

Back