VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-15-2013, 04:03 AM

Default Garmin GSA28 servo compatibility ?

Hi,

After searching, I couldn't find much information on the mounting scheme for the garmin GSA28 autopilot servo's.

I switched my efis ideas from Dynon to Garmin G3X but already bought the autopilot servo mounting kit roll and pitch from dynon.
Just finished matchdrilling the af fuselage and thought it woul dbe a good idea to install the autopilot mount bracket for pitch control.

So the question is, do garmin servo's use the same groundplate layout as Dynon and is it safe to use the dynon installation kit to use with the garmin GSA28 servos. I know they are compatible with trutrak but don't find any info on Dynon.

thanks in advance

www.jursairplanefactory.com
Old 09-15-2013, 06:09 AM

Jurgen,
I have had this conversation with Stein. I have the TruTrak brackets and now plan on the Garmin. I was told that the pitch bracket is the same but that the roll bracket has a thickness issue and I would need a new roll bracket. I have not yet installed either.
Catto three blade prop
http://www.mykitlog.com/MarkW
Old 03-28-2018, 04:09 PM

I am also running into not being able to use the Dynon roll servo install kit with the G3X auto pilot. The roll support bracket (part 115-01854-06) needed for the G3x as supplied in the Dynon kit does not have the correct bends in it. I thought about making one but there are multiple bends on several angles and the length must also be correct. I am going to just order the install kit from Stein and have it be correct. I was able to use the Dynon pitch servo install kit with the G3X auto-pilot. YMMV