VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-25-2016, 11:52 PM

The username was slayersden and I see he has been banned... I have tried to contact him multiple ways with no luck. It was only a $300 radio I was trying to purchase which is why I felt it was a low risk deal. Obviously I was wrong. Live and learn.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:03 AM

Default Dont get it.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this a clear mail fraud. He deprived you of money intentionally....

I thought mail fraud was federal crime? Or is there a threshold with a monetary amount?
http://www.mykitlog.com/Don%20Patrick

2017 donation contributor.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:46 AM

Default mail fraud

Since 1872. If the US Postal Service, any commercial or private carrier is used to deceive.... Was the check mailed? Was the engine shipped? Either would qualify. I would imagine $21k would clear the bar.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:37 PM

Maybe there could be somewhere on the website where one could provide feedback on transactions similar to Ebay or simply a place to post your beef about a transaction to warn others and put pressure on the offending member to make things right. A poor transaction rating would be a huge red flag for potential buyers. I could add one for $500 lost.

Bevan
Precision F.I. with AP purge valve
Vinyl Wrapped Exterior
Grand Rapids EFIS
Located in western Canada

Last edited by Bevan : 10-26-2016 at 05:58 PM. Reason: comment added
Old 10-27-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christhesav View Post
If a person doesn't have dozens and dozens of posts over months and months (an established reputation), I would NEVER consider buying a thing from them, but that's just me. I want concrete proof they're building or flying.
I can understand that... but maybe I am the exception. I am a student pilot and rent. I lurk here, and at beechtalk forums for several years. Some of my best purchases have been from you fine people here at the vans classifieds.

But then again, I am not buying or selling airplane parts. Just headsets and portable gps's etc....
Bob
o22
Old 10-27-2016, 09:03 AM

As much as it benefits the community by allowing people to report incidents of major scams like this, perpetrated by someone who seems to be making a commercial enterprise out of scamming people, it's a fine line between a complaint and outright libel. I know Doug wouldn't want to expose the site to that kind of legal hassle by starting a dedicated forum for people to report every possible wayward transaction (which we know from past experience isn't always as wayward as it might have initially been reported).