Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-14-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9GT View Post
Is your phone OS compatible with new app? Mine was not as it was an older phone. (Android) When I got a new phone compatible with the new app, everything worked fine again.
Yes, I have a Samsung S-6 and I inquired about the suitability of android prior to my purchase. At that time I had an S-4. But the switchbox was also supposed to work with either a phone call or text message. Even Phillip couldn't text it when he tried.

Mostly, I just wanted to caution other VAFers about these Chinese units and the service (or lack there of) That I received when I had problems with my unit. I have an email where he said to send it back and he would take care of it, then when I was ready to send it he changed and said I would be charged. Caveat Emptor.

~Marc
Old 02-15-2017, 02:16 PM

Thanks Gary.

There's no fraud here. Been doing Switchbox/icebox business for 6 years now and all going great. Pilot Portraits is 8 years in and been an amazing opportunity to fly and meet wth y'all.

I met marc in person a few weeks ago and all seemed ok. Been helping him in person, via phone and email for weeks and years actually.

When he started cursing on the phone, I changed my tone. I'm not in the business of dealing with customers at 4am who are cursing on the phone.

I told him his box is out of warranty and he's gonna need to pay to get service from us. Now I'm going through all forums flagging these google earth posts to my factory building in Providence.

It seems he's got a lot more time and steam available, so I try to take it offline with him, but I've alerted the admins Bec other members are rallying for support.

[ed. Time to take if offline. dr]

Last edited by DeltaRomeo : 02-15-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Closed Thread