What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Despicablimp

Tooch

Well Known Member
Went flying around central Virginia Sunday morning and look who I ran into. I talked to the pilot and he wanted to know all about my RV7-A. I told him with all the airports he will be at in the next few months he will have no problem getting a ride in one. They are traveling the US promoting the movie. Keep a look out for him.

See if this like works

https://www.dropbox.com/s/99335a737th0wk2/Despicablimp.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like its in my neck of the woods right now. Maybe I take a ride to the airport tonight and see if it settles in for the night here. We have good blimp parking here.

:cool: CJ

Blimp = fun to fly....at least on a nice calm evening. Elevator is controlled with two big wheels (like wheelchair wheels) on each side of the seat. No stick as the roll axis is more or less automatic. Rudder makes the gondola swing to the outside of the turn, rolling the blimp, so just wheel in some up elevator and around she goes.

Last edited:
KLVK is often used as a temporary base for blimps covering SF bay area sporting events. Heard on the radio one weekend:

LVK Tower, "Cessna 123, traffic, blimp, 2 o'clock"
Cessna 123, "Tower, Cessna 123, I can't find the traffic"
LVK Tower, "It's a blimp, for God's sake. That big thing outside your window!"

Back