What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Hose w/o steel reinforcement

lr172

Well Known Member
I need a 2" hose to feed the overhead console in my 10. This hose will pass relatively close (maybe 6" or less) to the magnetometer mounted up high. I am trying to find a 2" hose that does not contain steel reinforcement wire to avoid magnetic interference.

Does anyone have ideas or recommendations?

Disregard. I found some hose at Mcmaster that uses plastic support rings.

Larry

Last edited:
I need a 2" hose to feed the overhead console in my 10. This hose will pass relatively close (maybe 6" or less) to the magnetometer mounted up high. I am trying to find a 2" hose that does not contain steel reinforcement wire to avoid magnetic interference.

Does anyone have ideas or recommendations?

Larry

Larry, if it does not need to be too flexible nor too long, then some silicone coolant or air inlet hose from HRPWORLD.com might be good for that. You could make your own, but easier to buy.

I got some by the inch, but it happens to be located close to me. Good outfit.

BTW, my 10 friend had issues and did the same, and used stainless seatbelt cables too. I will ask him and get back. My 06C trip was excellent. Inbound as a third corridor to the two ORD inbound ones that straddled 06C. I'm going 170kts and they were 210kts. Quite interesting on the traffic monitor. Sweet little airport. See you next visit.

Larry, if it does not need to be too flexible nor too long, then some silicone coolant or air inlet hose from HRPWORLD.com might be good for that. You could make your own, but easier to buy.

I got some by the inch, but it happens to be located close to me. Good outfit.

BTW, my 10 friend had issues and did the same, and used stainless seatbelt cables too. I will ask him and get back. My 06C trip was excellent. Inbound as a third corridor to the two ORD inbound ones that straddled 06C. I'm going 170kts and they were 210kts. Quite interesting on the traffic monitor. Sweet little airport. See you next visit.

Yea, always plenty of traffic around 06C to keep your screen full. Glad it was a good trip for you. Hopefully you brought her back on Saturday. Sunday was ugly with a lot of icing risk. I flew my son back to Mizzou on Saturday.

I thought the seat belt cables from Van's were SS. Do I have that wrong?

Larry

Back