What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Riveting seat ribs to center bottom skin...

kbalch

Well Known Member
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday and are now happily back in the garage. :D

I've just clecoed the seat rib assembly to the center bottom skin (26-14) and am wondering about Step 3.

Specifically, while listing the various ribs to be riveted, the text omits the F-01415 Outboard Seat Ribs. Is this an inadvertent omission or are those ribs actually riveted later?

I looked ahead, but couldn't locate a riveting callout for them. Have I missed it or shall I do them now?

Thanks!

Greetings,

The callout in Figure 1 on 26-14 states "AN426AD3-3.5 all skin to rib and skin to bulkhead rivets". Thus, this would include F-01415-L/R. I reviewed my time lapse video when I completed this step on 18-Jan-15 and verified that I riveted those outboard ribs in concert with the others.

OK, that sounds good; thanks.

The callout in Figure 1 on 26-14 states "AN426AD3-3.5 all skin to rib and skin to bulkhead rivets".

I did see that callout, but interpreted it as simply a mention of the intended rivet for all those holes and not as a sequence instruction. In the same sense as the baggage ribs aren't riveted yet, but that callout still refers to rivets for them.

All of that said, I really appreciate the confirmation that I can go ahead and rivet those outboard seat ribs now. Back to the garage... :)

I did see that callout, but interpreted it as simply a mention of the intended rivet for all those holes and not as a sequence instruction. In the same sense as the baggage ribs aren't riveted yet, but that callout still refers to rivets for them.

That's a correct interpretation. My apologies. You are correct that the plans do not specify when those outboard ribs get riveted. However, tacking down the outboard seat ribs with the inboard ones posed no issues for me.

Thanks, again - glad to see I've not lost it completely. :)

All set now; my entire seat rib assembly has been riveted to the center bottom skin. Onward!

Back