What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moving to the airport

mgregory176

Patron
Great day with friends from the chapter coming out to help us finally move the plane to our hangar and get the wings on.
A

https://www.daviscustomdigital.com/Flying/Mike-Gregorys-Big-Move/i-bXpbRgz/A
https://www.daviscustomdigital.com/Flying/Mike-Gregorys-Big-Move/i-SJr7gGJ/A

Moving

Congrats on the big move. Having just done this a month and a half ago, I know how it feels. Keep up the momentum.

Congrats on this milestone.

Any lessons learned regarding the move or attachment of the wings? I should be moving my RV-10 to the airport in a few months.

Thanks

Rainy day project

You may have yourself a rainy day project removing the piece of plastic on the wing with the note from your daughter about the rivet and keeping it intact. I'm thinking that note may end up framed on the hangar wall. Precious memories.

RV-10 rigging

Congrats on this milestone.

Any lessons learned regarding the move or attachment of the wings? I should be moving my RV-10 to the airport in a few months.

Thanks
Dave- the move went really well so I can’t tell you about any gothcha’s. I recommend you double check the rigging on the mains to make sure you don’t break a brake line. I have stainless braided lines and I would have been doubely concerned if I had the aluminum hard lines. My guys made a wheel basket and crossed it to the opposite side for lateral stability. Also recommend a strap on the tail to keep it from bouncing. Just enough tension to stabilize but not enough to lift the nose

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! These types of projects certainly don?t happen without a lot of support from everyone surrounding them. Still feels like a long way to go but the end is in sight.

Mike, your windshield / door area looks phenomenal! I'm just finishing up the door pins so next step is to start smoothing them out and I'm realizing just how much work is ahead of me. I hope mine comes out looking like yours!

Back