What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking to purchase a MAG and coupling for an IO540

GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
The RV10 I purchased a couple of years ago has dual Lightspeed Plasma III Ignitions. Although they have performed perfectly over the past 250 hours my gut keeps telling me to replace one of them with a traditional MAG. The RV7A I built was set up that way and I really liked it. Not interested in the PMag at this time.

Before I start sourcing the Slick 6393 "L" 37 LAG and additional coupling and gear retainer thought I was see if anyone was removing one to install an EI. I saw a photo from Jason McKay a couple of weeks ago that appeared to have the assembly I was looking for.

Thanks
Gary

Yep, I just put in an SDS system on my Rocket and have a 6351 (impluse coupled) with gear and a new set of plug wires available. If you have an IO-540-D4A5 then you DON'T want this magneto.

IF this works for you, AND Vic doesn't have what you need, then send me a PM.

Sounds like its raining Slicks around here! I just removed the non-impulse Slick 6300 series from my 540K1G5. I have the harness and drive coupling as well. If either of the two above won't work, let me know. It's sitting on my work bench.

Lee...

Curious

Just curious, why would you not what this mag?

Yep, I just put in an SDS system on my Rocket and have a 6351 (impluse coupled) with gear and a new set of plug wires available. If you have an IO-540-D4A5 then you DON'T want this magneto.

IF this works for you, AND Vic doesn't have what you need, then send me a PM.

Back