What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nav 2KR Box Feeding Skyview

cactusman

Well Known Member
Has anyone worked with this Nav box to feed their sky view?

.....looking for a low cost "box" to provide a little "instrument" training platform...not looking to do any serious IFR...the thing stopping me is that apparently you can feed from the database to the Nav, and I know a few have installed a SL-30 for similar feed....but I don't know how well this works.

I think getting a box like this set up to feed the Skyview with a NAV only signal to do basic VOR navigation, approaches and the like would have some value - if just for backup...

http://www.valavionics.com/nav-2kr.html

Val NAV2KR

I originally bought one, and ended up trading it back to Val for a standard Val NAV2000. The reason I traded it back was Dynon's assertion that the 2KR could only be tuned by the Dynon if the VOR/ILS frequencies were in the airport database that Dynon uses, and that not all of the frequencies were in the database - not only that, but it isn't user editable. That may have changed, but I cannot confirm that. I like the idea of the Nav 2000 (and the 2KR) as they offer a valid alternative to brand G. I have not flown with one, but I have confidence that it will be sufficient for my uses, which will be as an emergency back-up. I would obviously prefer the 2KR due to limited panel space.

Back