What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tanks Q

Freightdawg

Well Known Member
Page 18-4, step 6: How does leaving every 10th hole un-countersunk help assure proper part alignment?

Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Thanks.

From what I noticed, the countersink is actually going through the top skin which opens the hole up to a bigger diameter than the silver cleco. Thus, when you put it all together, there is a little wiggle room. If you have ones that aren't countersunk, then the the tolerance is reduced and thus a better fit. I had to really think about it myself when I was doing my tanks!

I haven't looked at that part of the plans to check, but off the top of my head I think the clecoes grip better.

==dave==

From what I noticed, the countersink is actually going through the top skin which opens the hole up to a bigger diameter than the silver cleco. Thus, when you put it all together, there is a little wiggle room. If you have ones that aren't countersunk, then the the tolerance is reduced and thus a better fit. I had to really think about it myself when I was doing my tanks!

What Tim said:D

Back