What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EMS anomaly(s) while transmitting

JRo

Well Known Member
Everything is in the green on my Skyview Engine Monitoring screen. That is until I depress the "transmit" button on my control stick. Only while the button is depressed, both EGTs go instantly high into the yellow arc, and the battery charge indicator goes low into the yellow. As soon as I release the transmit switch, everything instantly returns to normal.

Clearly, at least in the case of the EGT, its an indication error. Temperatures can't possibly rise & fall instantly. So I figure this is just a glitch. Happens with the button on both control sticks.

Anyone seen this, or have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Jim

Measure millivolts between battery negative and SkyView ground while transmitting. If more than 5mv, there is a problem with aircraft grounding.
Joe Gores

I had the same problem with the EGT on my -12. Contacted Dynon and was told this was a known problem with the EMS module. Emailed them with info they requested, got a return number and sent the EMS module in for repair. Upon return and reinstallation - no more problems.

RV-12 120622
waiting on DAR

Its a known problem with the Skyview. It has been discussed on the form before in this thread,
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=106231&highlight=skyview+returned

Looks like you need to call Dynon and you may have to return your EMS unit for the fix. Maybe send it back right before your next snow storm arrives;)

As you will have to open the avionics shelf to remove the EMS for repair at Dynon, you may want to take the opportunity to add the missing wire between the Garmin and Skyview. In hindsight, the EMS malfunction turned into a blessing as the push-pull of the frequencies is such a great feature.

Has any one had the egt problem when transmitting on the factory built RV12

Has any one had the egt problem when transmitting on the factory built RV12?

Back