What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

follow-up on SV-BAT over-heat

JRo

Well Known Member
It sure looked to me as though my SkyView back-up battery had gotten hot, per my earlier thread. Dynon was quick to respond, did a thorough analysis, got right back to me, assured me it was not an overheat, and kept safety at the top.

They replaced the damaged battery, at the same time performing the "fix' of a known problem on my EMS module (wherein the EGT indication(s) fluctuate while transmitting on the radio).

ADS-B is now installed (the main reason I was in the electronics compartment to begin with). The plane gets closed up & tested today, back in the air tomorrow. Probably fly it from Albany, NY, to Sebring next week for the expo.
Can't wait to see traffic & weather on the SkyView!!

Jim
N448JR
45 hrs flying

I do not! Dynon says the damage was the result of over-tightening. I work with a small team of volunteer friends here, all trusted. So it's a mystery to me.

Jim

Isn't it great to be dealing with a company like Dynon?

Dynon appears to be a company full of talented people committed to a great product and technical support. I've been impressed each time I've asked a question. I get a thoughtful answer (even if in retrospect, I see my question had an obvious answer or was dumb). I think they are a very solid company.

Back