What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seat belt color?

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
I'm at the point in my build that I have to decide on interior details. Have chosen to use a two tone tan colored interior - seats, etc. Question is, do I want a brown seat belt set or a black? I don't know if Abbey has a tan seat belt.

So, is black the best color - I have been advised that black shows dirt and wear less than a tan or brown. Your advice here is appreciated.

Shows dirt? What are you planning to take her out top down? I've never had any issues with black seat belts and I've seen brown ones, they are out there.

Seat Belt Color

I'm not sure who your supplier is, but many colors of seat belt material are available.

I can tell you from first hand experience that the lighter the color the more they show the effects of being handled with less than "sterile" hands. Ask me how I know - just finished my Condition Inspection and I DIY dry cleaned all of my belts (very light tan) because of "stains" in the areas of highest hand contact.

I am currently constructing a -3, and will be considering a darker color for it's belt.

YMMV

David Howe

The second set of belts in my -6 were gray, to match the seats. They did indeed show handling wear more quickly than did the black.
I went back to black and am glad I did.

Back