What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carb lock washer

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Hello
I have an MA-4-5 carb. and I'm looking for the flat piece I call a washer. It has tabs that you bend up to lock the nut that is on the fuel strainer. I'm pretty sure it's part # is CF-16A48.
ACS shows a picture of one and it's P/N 07-06673, but it looks a little different. They also list a CF-16A4B with their P/N 07-06603. ACS calls these gaskets as I supose they do seal the strainers. I'm thinking P/N 07-06603 is what I'm looking for.
Any help would be appreciated so I don't have to ship them back. I plan on ordering a few as I change them every 100hrs.
Thanks Ron

tips for removing carb lock washer

I would appreciate any tips from folks on removing the carb lock washer. I am hoping someone has a technique that is a little less drastic than using a small chisel and mallet.

JL

Rather than reusing those bend up washers, I have seen some put on with drilled bolts and secured by safety wire.

The machinist in me uses a freshly ground brass / bronze drift with a sharp edge and just enough hammer force to nudge the tab out of the way...

The mechanic in me uses a flat head screwdriver and a 5# sledge.

Something in the middle will work just fine. Not rocket science.

Back