What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another RV-10 is born

Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
Proud parents Mike and Laura Starkey wish to anounce the birth of a brand new RV 10:D

Today, N 210 LM officially became an aircraft.

FAA inspector Richard Dilbeck gave the plane a thorough going over, and found no issues.

PB190013.jpg

With the lousy weather being forecast for this weekend, and the traditional sojourn south for the holidays with family next weekend, looks like the first flight will have to wait for early December.

Congratulations, Laura (L) and Mike (M)! I thought I could be the first, but it looks like a few beat me to it!

Woo hoo!

Jim

Congratulations Mike! Thanks for sharing, happy holidays and looking forward to your first flight report.

br,
dr

Louise and I add our congrats Mike! Wait for good weather, then enjoy. Repeat as necessary....

Mike,
Accept congratulations from me personally and armada of my friends. This is THE milestone. I followed your progress for years and am very glad that your project finally became an airworthy machine. Happy Phase One to you and thousands of trouble free hours! Good cause for a toast! Чистого неба и попутного ветра!

Thanks everybody!!

A big thanks back to all of you for the kind words.

Congrats Mike! Don't forget the video!

Todd, never done a video on the i/net, dont know if I even have the necessary skills or equipment.

I will try to get the process figured out soon, hopefully I can make that happen.

CONGRATULATIONS

Mike,
It's a great accomplishment.
Now you can truly savor the anticipation for that first flight.

Awesome!

Mike,

Congrats on owning a new airplane! I can't wait to hear about the first flight and all the lessons you learn along the way.

Nice job!

Phil

Congratulations, Mike...

...we'll be driving to Paradise from Fremont, the second week of December. Is Cameron Park close to the route?

PM me a phone number please,

Best,

...we'll be driving to Paradise from Fremont, the second week of December. Is Cameron Park close to the route?

PM me a phone number please,

Best,

Pierre, Cameron Park is a bit off the direct route, but then, I will not be flying out of CP at that time, that is if the weather cooperates, I will be flying out of Lincoln, and that is right on the way:D

P.M. coming at ya.

Last edited:
Awesome!!

Mike,

A big congrats out to you. I am also looking forward to first flight report and pictures.

Milt

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Good hear about your inspection Mike. Looking forward to hearing about your first flights.

Mike and Laura,
A big congratulations on the new addition to your family! I'm sure you're both looking forward to spending many happy hours with your new bird.

As for the video, Mike, find yourself a 10 year old kid...one of the neighbor's kids will do...and get them to show you how it's done. That's what I plan to do, anyway... :eek:

Oh, and as I am an Associate Member of the SoCal RV Group (they let me "associate" with them at fly-ins, that is) I am allowed to ask you this:

"So, umm........when you gonna paint it?" :D :D

Warmest regards,

Oh, and as I am an Associate Member of the SoCal RV Group (they let me "associate" with them at fly-ins, that is) I am allowed to ask you this:

"So, umm........when you gonna paint it?" :D :D

Warmest regards,

Dude, it is already painted -----at least part of it is, dont want to rush things:rolleyes:

Congratulations

Have fun with it. I made the first flight of our Kitfox. All went as planned and it was a bigger thrill by far than my first solo. I envy your upcoming adventure.

Maxwell

Good Job!

Congratulations, Mike! I met you at the Reno Air Races in 2008 and I've kept up with your progress since then. Enjoy the fruits of your labors!!

Super nice guy, Mike is...took about an hour out of his day to let me drool over his plane a week or so ago. Beautiful bird! Congrats Mike and if I'm available, I'll gladly videotape your first flight! Let me know when and where, hopefully it will work out!

Congratulations !

Congratulations Mike! I can?t wait for the flying reports. (PS, your original tail kit is still waiting on "everything" fwd to show up one of these days. That should be soon!)
Gaylon

Lookin Good.

Gaylon, looks good.

I "borrowed" a photo for all to see your work:D

wp91acf9a9.jpg

Last edited:
Alright Mike!

Mike, your a nice crusty old guy and a inspiration to all. Been following your posts since I first found this site and have always have enjoyed your input. Your almost like the doorman for this site, always the first to welcome newcomers. I wish you and your wife many happy flights in your hard earned magic carpet. I hope to shake hands with you someday. Truly one of the "VAF" superstars. :D
Good luck with you plane and fly safe.

Thanks everybody!!

To all who have posted a note here, thanks very much.

Between the posts, PMs, and emails, I am totally blown away, and totally humbled by the sheer volume of messages.

I had no idea so many people cared..........:eek:

Mike, If you need a place to stay not too far from Independence next year just give me a shout.

Duane at Kelso, WA.

Thanks for the offer Duane, but we have a place or two in Independence already. See you at the Homecoming.

Congratulations, Mike! I met you at the Reno Air Races in 2008 and I've kept up with your progress since then. Enjoy the fruits of your labors!!

Thanks Don, remember the meeting well, congrats on your recent "victory"

Super nice guy, Mike is...took about an hour out of his day to let me drool over his plane a week or so ago. Beautiful bird!

Chris, glad to have been given a chance to spread the RV cheer, now we have to get your wife to see it, and get the female lowdown from my wife.

Mike, your a nice crusty old guy and a inspiration to all.

All?-----Wow, I was going to be happy with 10% :D

Your almost like the doorman for this site, always the first to welcome newcomers.

Yep, my wife thinks I spend too much time on the computer too:rolleyes:

Truly one of the "VAF" superstars. :D
Good luck with you plane and fly safe.

You hear that DR?? I need a raise.

Congratulations, Mike! What's your Phase 1 flight area?

Lars, thanks. Phase 1 is 50 miles around Lincoln, and a corridor up the central valley to Redding. Lots of little airports in the area, and big enough to let the plane see level flight for awhile.

Mike--

I meant to ask...how did your little project with the RA indicator work out?

Again, congrats!!
Joe

Flying yet?

Hey Mike,
the weather's been nice, except for Saturday. Are you going to fly that thing, or just sit and look at it?:rolleyes:

Hope it goes well

Mike,

Congrats brudda! Just came up for air and saw your e-mail linking to this (thanks for the wake-up call!)

I'm really happy for you, and can't wait for you to fly!! Please lemme know when it may happen, and if the Wx cooperates, I'll hop over to celebrate with ya!

Happy late Thanksgiving to you and Laura!

Cheers,
Bob

PS: OK, I give up...what part is painted...is it the fireman's hat gear-shift knob?!? (I know you have one of those in there somewhere!) :p

Back