What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Events in GA

walkman

Well Known Member
All

I'm looking to purchase an RV and join the RV ranks. Probably an O-360 RV-6, although still considering 4's. Like to meet some RV pilots, maybe see one under construction, lend a hand, start learning more about the marque etc. Maybe even cadge a ride or two. I'm currently renting/flying out of KLZU.

I'm a couple thousand hour PPL-Inst, mostly in single-engine Grumman 4-seaters, with a decent amount of formation experience. I literally wrote the book on formation flying for those Grumman aircraft along with Gregg "Whizz" Wilson in the mid-90's and flew IFR IMC formation on more than one occasion without going "lost wingman" lol.

PM me here and let me know whats up.

Sandersville, Ga.

OKZ is not far from you and there's a -3 going together, a -7A and 2 RV-10's.
My buddy, Ray Lawrence runs the FBO and is helping with the RV's.

Best,

RV's near LZU

I am currently building a RV-10 in Suwanee, about 6nm from LZU (my C-182 is at LZU) if you want to look at one under construction. Empenage done, wings will be complete in next 3 weeks.

This is my first RV, so I am no expert, but you can see what 10 months of construction looks like. Of course the 10 is bigger than what you will be building, but the build is very similar from what I have seen.

Wish I had an RV to fly you in.
You can contact me at [email protected] if you are interested in stopping by.

Bill Thomsason

There are about a dozen Rv's at KLZU. I will be flying young eagles in my 6A on Sat. morning. Come introduce yourself.

John Morgan

I am currently building a RV-10 in Suwanee, about 6nm from LZU (my C-182 is at LZU) if you want to look at one under construction. Empenage done, wings will be complete in next 3 weeks.

This is my first RV, so I am no expert, but you can see what 10 months of construction looks like. Of course the 10 is bigger than what you will be building, but the build is very similar from what I have seen.

Bill Thomsason

Thanks for the offer Bill, I'll shoot you an email. I'm going to buy not build, although I anticipate I'll probably be completely re-doing the panel and interior at some point.

There are about a dozen Rv's at KLZU. I will be flying young eagles in my 6A on Sat. morning. Come introduce yourself.

John Morgan

Thanks John.

Unfortunately my Sat is already committed. I could do Sunday if you are around, otherwise rain check?

I have a commitment already for Sunday. I am able to get to the airport most anytime so call me at 770-823-1713 and leave a message.

John

Hit me up

Anytime! Just let me know when you want to zip on out to LZU and I'll let you sit in my three. I also have access to some other aircraft if you need.
Best
Brian Wallis

Lunch at the Mellow Mushroom in Peachtree City every Tues at 11:30. Usually about 14-20 attending. Currently 26 RVs flying out of Falcon Field here.

Bill Thomsason

Are you going to be around between xmas and NY? I probably won't be working that week. The 6 I'm buying looks like I need to re-skin a rudder, I need to see how these things go together :)

Getting closer...

Unfortunately I missed one aircraft by a day....

And the other one the guys is too flakey...

but its getting real close on one in NY now......

And I have a hangar ready for it. D1 at LZU. End unit closest to the runway, facing the EAA hangars but one row back.

Arround Christmas/NY

Yes, I will be around if you want to stop by. Give me a call or e-mail direct.
[email protected] 678-436-8013.

Unfortunately just finished my ailerons last week (which are constructed just like the rudder), otherwise you could have helped put the skins on them :)

I've got a very early -7 kit. It had the smaller rudder which was replaced later in the building process with the bigger model.

It may be the -6 rudder.

It hanging in my basement if you can use it.

Back