What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ac and interior

I just got my interior and ac done by South Florida sport aviation. The ac is great and this is literally the nicest interior I have ever seen in an airplane, (certified or experimental). The only thing a million dollar cirrus had on my 10 was the interior. Not any more. The pics on there website don't even do do them justice. High quality Leather everywhere you see and touch. The weight difference with ac and everything only added 57 pounds. When I went to pick up my 10, We ran into a problem with interference with my Dynon. Luise and alario worked all night and put me up in there guest house for the evening to fix the issue. I don't think anyone else would have went that far. The owner of the company literally did not sleep until the issue was handled, if anybody is around New Orleans LS40 St Charles, you are welcome to stop by and check out mine.

Nice.

Amazing what a difference a quality interior makes. I shudder to think how long, if ever, it would take me to duplicate that on my own.

Mind sharing some cost figures on the AC and the interior? Separate weights on the two?

give us some pointers

You are right - your website is very well done and showcases some nice looking stuff.

You mention the recent 10 that came in "bare-bones" and got the deluxe treatment (interior and A/C.) That route seems appealing - get phase 1 out of the way and then fly to your shop for the rest.

What is the typical install time for these options? Can you get your panel blanks to the builder ahead of time so the panel only has to be wired once? What level of finish should a customer strive for in the cabin interior before you take over the upholstery and covering details? Do you offer pre-wiring suggestions for phase one that best integrate with your interior/overhead later on? Just wondering aloud how to work with your shop for the best overall experience if a builder already knows he's going to farm out the interior to you. I suppose, for example, that the flywheel changeout should be done before first flight, and the A/C scoop might be easiest before the baggage floor is riveted in.

Typical installation time is two weeks, one for the interior and one for the AC. This time can be reduced (or increased), depends on the amount of modifications you have in your airplane.

Since your airplane is not ready, we can talk and have it ready to receive the interior and AC. It can decrease a lot the amount of time needed.

When you say panel blanks, do you mean the glare shield blanket cover? If it is, we can send it. If you have someone doing your avionics, it is the best option to install before finishing it.

The interior finishing- the better is to bring your airplane with no internal finishing at all. Our material will cover 90% of the cabin and the rest are details that we need to paint with the color that matches the interior (like doors, under seats,...). We'll need the original front seats from Van's (structure and foam), so cover it with a sheet and fly to us only with the front seats!

Wiring - we only need space to install three breakers on your accessories bus (light, AC compressor and fan).

There are several detail we can make easier in order to avoid the need to do things again. My suggestion is to talk and learn from the builder if there is some changes from the original project from Van's.

The flywheel needs to be one with two belts.

Don't worry about the scoop, it is one of the most simple parts to install.

If you want to send your contacts, so we can discuss about your airplane, please send an email to:
[email protected]

Back