What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 Work Day ! (17 Sept 2011)

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
RV1 Work Day September 17th.
8:00AM
I will do Brats for lunch.
I first tried to post here but it wouldn't let me in??

Last edited:
Great Jay – I hope we can get another bunch of interested folks like last time – and hopefully, everyone that was there and is available can get back to finishing what they started!

Louise and I will be out at the Reno races that day, but you can easily carry on without us – there’s lots to do, but the progress is amazingly swift.

Heck, the wings are ready to have the ailerons and flaps re-installed, the elevators are finished (except for re-attaching the cables – need a small hand for that), and the rudder can go on whenever you finish that patch.

If we can get a new set of tires and tubes by then, we might have someone overhaul the “lower end” of the gear and get those ready to go. And someone can go over the gear leg fairings to clean them up, check for cracks, and have them ready to re-install as well.

Last time we were there, it looked like Jarhead and Boomer were going great guns on the floorboards – once the forward fuselage tubing gets a little spot priming, the new floors can go in and re-assembly of the fuselage is underway. Walt volunteered to wire the thing up, and once the panel is ready to re-install, that’s another good task.

We need someone to do a good clean-up on the cowl – and recent news from the Northwest is that the mold for the lower cowl has been located, and we can have a new one made to bring the lines back to Van’s original!

I figure there is plenty to do, and throwing out this list might pique someone’s interest enough to join in – we had a great time on the last one – sorry will miss this time, but we look forward to seeing the progress!

Paul

It was nice to see a RV-1 at Vans home coming hosted by EAA 292 chapter last weekend. Cool looking airicraft. Its based at Creswell Oregon and is in FINE shape!!!!!!!!

Ron in Oregon

It was great fun the last time and if I don't have to work, I'll be there again. Maybe a bit late to take my grandson to the Blue Hangar Cafe for breakfast.

Bill

Went great, got it flying!

Jay and I each got 2 laps around the pattern. Some overheating on #3 cylinder. Other than that ..........

(Maybe a slight exaggeration)

Ann took pictures. Needs tutorial on posting them. We will not be available tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jay and I each got 2 laps around the pattern. Some overheating on #3 cylinder. Other than that ..........

(Maybe a slight exaggeration)

Ann took pictures. Needs tutorial on posting them. We will not be available tonight or tomorrow.

I bet Doug can help Ann with the picture posts....have a good time tomorow, and maybe we can see some pics on Monday!

Looking forward to hearing more about how everyone did - and more comprehensive pilot reports!;)

Darrell is corect Jay - Grady says the paint is up to him.....

Going back on vacation now until next week......(and I was never here....)

Paul

Back