What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No GTN Map on Dynon Skyview

Atimoore

Hi

We have a Vans RV-7A with a GTN-650 and Dynon Skyview.

I am able to get the Dynon to display the GTN650 as the CDI and Map source, however i cannot see any magenta lines on the map or a CDI needle to the next waypoint.

Any help would be appreciated, as this would be nice for my upcoming IFR training.

Thank you

GTN magenta line on Skyview

Your post title asked 'No GTN Map on Dynon Skyview'.

I don't think it is possible to display the GTN map on the Skyview. (Very happy to be proved wrong by others.) I have the same GPS as you do Ati, but you can certainly display the GTN magenta line on the Skyview.

Have a look at page 7-50 on the SkyView Classic Pilot?s User Guide ? Revision X.

Do you have the sv-Arinc installed? It?s a requirement to send flight plan data from the Garmin.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

With the SV-ARINC-429 Module installed you can display data from 2 ARINC source not just a GTN.

:cool:

Apologies I do mean the magenta line on the Skyview Map.

I can see the GTN650 flight plan loaded in the Skyview FPL menu. Does this mean I have the ARINC however it is not set up correctly?

Thank you very much for all the responses

This may be a dumb question but have you selected the GTN data to be displayed on the map? On Pg 7-53 of the SkyView Pilot's User Guide - Classic (Revision Z) there is an explanation of how to do this.

I have 1st hand knowledge of this since it took me a while to figure out the external data needs to be selected for it to be display on the map. It drove me crazy for months. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Success!

Thank you very much everyone for your input.

For anyone who finds this thread in the future, once I methodically went through the set up in ?Revision z? installation manual, all my data started working.

Brilliant!

Following on from this thread I seem to be now having a Trutrack autopilot problem, which I assume uses the same ARINC module.

The autopilot, once activated in altitude hold mode automatically adjusts the set altitude to a random number (14580ft or sometimes FL230!)

Does the autopilot need to be on a different ARINC module or ARINC output from the GTN650?

The ARINC configurations seem the same apart from the dynon wants GAMA format 2 speed HIGH, while the Trutrack Autopilot wants GAMA format 1 speed low. Which one should I set?

Back