What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

www.airplanebuild.com Steve?s RV-14 Build Blog

SteveT

The adventure begins. I?m diving into this as a first-time builder, without any builder classes or practical experience. I?m documenting the process using Wordpress, and it?s my goal to make an entry after each work session.

http://www.airplanebuild.com

Have you decided if you are going to slow build or quickbuild the wings and fuse ?

Where in Scottsdale are you ? I built an RV12 last year and I'm thinking of starting an RV14 (live in fountain hills).

Julian

Julian, I?m doing a slow build.

I️ live in Northeast Scottsdale - Rio Verde Foothills. I?m pretty close to Fountain Hills. You?re welcomed to come check out what I?ve got going on here. I?ll convince ya to build a 14, we need more RV-14 new builds around here.

Great site

Enjoyed checking out your site. As a future RV-14A builder set to start in a few short months, your write ups are super helpful. I?ve already been going through Section 6 and your ?Tips? section already answered some questions I had while pouring over the instructions.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Steve,
I?ve really been enjoying your build blog. I like the fact you are posting your learning points and share your knowledge. Your blog has convinced me I am ready to start a 14!
Keep up the good work
Thanks,
Keith.

Steve,
I?ve really been enjoying your build blog. I like the fact you are posting your learning points and share your knowledge. Your blog has convinced me I am ready to start a 14.

Keith,
You know that Larry Eversmeyer in our EAA chapter 24 just finished his RV14 build. His Lancair that he finished two years ago won Grand Champion at Sun n Fun in 2016. He builds a great airplane and will be a super resource when you start yours.

Jim,
Yea I enjoyed seeing larry?s! First flight yet? Unfortunately when I move to MO y?all are gonna be a much harder resource!

Back