What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Changing Battery on an ACK E04 ELT

....Seems strange they would loan you a device rather than say "would you accept a overhauled/loaner unit as a warranty exchange for your unit?" ...

Hopefully that offer comes after he installs this one and they think he?s calm enough after all they?ve put him through. :)

Jeff got right back with me...

Jeff was great,

He seemed pleased to be brought back in the loop. I won?t say that the customer service experience has been good...it hasn?t been even remotely acceptable, but he emailed me and promised to make it right when it?s all done.

I agree, especially given that the loaner unit has a different antenna and tray, you?d think they?d just say, ?register it and keep it,? but I am not asking them for an upgrade (this is)...I just want to be able to fly my **** airplane!

Scott

ELT 1000

They sent me a brand new ELT 1000. MFG date was 9/24/19. Jeff indicated that they have identified and will be making some corrections to ? some ? ELT 345s, and then they will replace mine. Again.

He was very gracious in his email, I'll report back when we get to the next step.

I think (hope) the story is now over

After a few polite back and forth emails with Jeff, as he realized what a journey it has been to get to just replacing a unit so I could fly my airplane, he offered (and I accepted) to have me KEEP the loaner ELT1000, and yesterday I fedexed back their ELT345.

I've still got nothing good to say about the mid-level customer service experience...each time a lower (great) person handed me UP to the Customer Service Manager, progress stopped. Each time Jeff handed me back DOWN to the same Customer Service Manager, progress stopped.

Needless to say, if SHE worked for me, she would be available for employment on the competitive market.

That said, Jeff did what he said he would do, and I've got a legal (and upgraded) ELT in my aircraft. I hope it gives me lots of years of trouble free service!

Scott

Back