What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Main Tire Tube Creases

rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
I recently unpacked the tubes for my main tires. They were folded all neatly in the kit. When I unfolded the tubes I noticed that they both had creases near the valve area. I then inflated the tubes to a low air pressure to see if the creases went away. They did not.

I?m concerned that this crease is a weakened area of the tube. I reached out to Van?s support and they didn?t think it was a problem. They also suggested that I contact Desser the supplier of the tubes directly if I was concerned so I?m trying to do that now.

I?m wondering if the braintrust thinks this is actually an issue or should I just use the tubes that I have and build on ?

Ray inflate the tubes at higher pressure, take a magnifying glass and look for micro cracks at the creases. I had new tubes from Skygeek showing cracked creases. I returned them.

It's kind of normal.
I would not inflate at a higher pressure. Vlad knows his stuff, but I would not want to stretch the rubber.

Back