- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2017, 01:57 PM

Default Thanks for the compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Froehlich View Post
This is the single point failure risk you accept when using a VPX type approach, While this design takes great steps to add other means to mitigate this risk, it is still there.

This is a very through design if the builder insists on using a VPX. The wire harness design and fabrication is in a class all by itself. As with all such builder choices, decide on one that you most comfortable. I fly with what I consider a simplier, cheaper and more robust design. It has proven it value to me and other builders over the last 16 years or so.

Carl
Thanks for the compliment.

As for the VPX choice, I understand where you are coming from. Although I believe simple, cheaper and more robust can be argued from both sides with reasonable merit. It also depends on the specific installation and how well all of the design goals are supported.

As you kindly mentioned, I spent a lot of thought on how to mitigate the weaknesses I perceived in using the VPX. On the other side sales literature provides the benefits for anyone to see.
RV Hotel
Dues paid 2017