What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New one

old84ag

I'm New Here
Been watching from the sidelines for a few years now. Just jumped in and bought the RV-7 tail this week. A leap of faith since I've never even been in one and have no tail wheel time.

Any particulars I should begin with? Or probably more important, things I shouldn't do?

Anybody building in North Texas?

Bryan

Welcome aboard! Don't worry about never having been in one before, I haven't even seen an RV-7 in person (hopefully Oskosh this year will change that) but when thousands of people say how nice they fly I'm not worried. :D

Welcome to the addiction

Like Tom says, Lots of RV's in North Texas! You are in the right spot! I am building an -8 in Coppell that you are more than welcome to take a look at. I haven't flown in an -8 either, but I have flown in a -7A and a -6, which is close enough for me to know I will LOVE it :D

Welcome Bryan, I'm in your camp, never seen or flew in one but built one anyway, now its finished and in the Hangar.

Any particulars I should begin with? Or probably more important, things I shouldn't do?

Don't any longer if it's what you want to do. Life is very short. Building and flying my RV has been one of the greatest things I have ever done.

Congratulations

Congratulations Bryan. Only arvise is to do a search here before every component. You'll learn from other's mistakes and hopefully not repeat them.

I've visited some of the guys at Northwest Regional, yes they are great guys and kinda steered me toward my decision. I'm in Frisco, maybe I can find a mentor at Aero Country.

I would love to see your -8 in Coppel. Are you working on it any weekends next month?

Dave Buono

He has a 7A he built out at T31, Aero Country. PM me and I can give you his email. He's a great guy and has made some epic trips to the Caribbean. I live in Frisco too and am hoping to start a 9A in the next couple of years if I can take a ride in one and convince myself I'm smart enough to figure out how to build one. Either that or I "settle" for a 12.

I'm encouraged that there seems to be quite a few RV builders in addition to Dave around here.

I have a -7 and live in a hangar over at Hicks...come by anytime (coordinate to make sure I'm here.) Happy to tell lies/swap sea stories with you.

Plus, when we're done talking flying, it looks like we'll be able to commiserate about Sumlin not being able to take our Ags to the next level...

Welcome aboard,

Rob

Hicks

I'm finishing up a 7A at Hicks. Feel free to contact me if you would like to check it out. I'll PM you my cell number.

Bryan, DFW is "the" homeland for RV builders. I started my -8 before moving to FW from near Edwards AFB. (I thought that was the homeland until I got here.) Lots of examples flying and in the build. I am finishing up wings about 2 mile west of Hicks. The tail feathers are hanging in the dining room as wall art. You are welcome to contact me and come see the project. But, there are a hundred others closer to Frisco.

Back