What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HELP! I have a flat

Stroh21

Well Known Member
VAF!

I have a flat at KBOC on an RV-8A. Does anyone know what type of tube on the main wheel. Also, can I get it at tractor supply?

If you would like to text, my number is 8504209771.

Thank you!

Matt

Matt, Are you sure you have the airport ID correct? I can't find it on Air Nav or AOPA. (OK, never mind, while I was typing this, you fixed your ID. Sorry.)

Last edited:
He needs a tube for a main, so a 5:00X5-6 if anyone can help. Maintenance on the field does not have one.

hi-run-tun4002-tr87-lawn-and-garden-tire-inner-tube-410-350-5

Tractor Supply Hi-run tun4002-tr87 410-350-5. It is a little smaller but works fine.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, both Pep Boys and Tractor Supply no longer carry this part. I also found out Aircraft Spruce does not ship on the weekends. Any other ideas?

I also learned you CAN get a car dolly that works great for moving a RV with a flat tire!

Just patch the tube?

Is the tire a total loss? Either way you need to address the tube.

A patch is a get home, not permanent solution for me.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, both Pep Boys and Tractor Supply no longer carry this part. I also found out Aircraft Spruce does not ship on the weekends. Any other ideas?

I also learned you CAN get a car dolly that works great for moving a RV with a flat tire!

Just for clarification, this tube is still available as an online purchase from Tractor Supply.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/hi-run-tun4002-tr87-lawn-and-garden-tire-inner-tube-410-350-5

Correct, it is available online, but at that point I should just order the actual tube....which is apparently becoming the only option. Still no luck finding a tube and the old one is beyond repair. Any other RVers in the Fort Lauderdale area with an extra tube for sale? Time is important because I deploy a week from tomorrow :(

Thank you again for the help!

Matt

Back