What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerobatics Schools

RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello Everyone

Thinking about taking an aerobatic course to fine tune skills that are getting rusty and would like to know if there is any good school you guys will recommend..In the east will be better but not a deal breaker.

I was thinking about Shane Tucker's school in California but I will like to have more choices if possible.

Thanks you for your imputs..

Bruno Dionne
[email protected]

Hello Everyone

Thinking about taking an aerobatic course to fine tune skills that are getting rusty and would like to know if there is any good school you guys will recommend..In the east will be better but not a deal breaker.

I was thinking about Shane Tucker's school in California but I will like to have more choices if possible.

Thanks you for your imputs..

Bruno Dionne
[email protected]

Since you're in Quebec, wouldn't someplace in the Northeast be more convenient? How about Michael Goulian's school near Boston, MA?

http://www.aerobaticcompany.com/

Based in Reno, NV. Its where I learn't to fly and Tim Brill is a Master certified aerobatic instructor.

Give him a call, he's very approachable and runs his own family business, phone number is on the website.

Mark

Aerobatic school

Try "The Aerobatic Experience"
Galaxy Aviation
4900 U S Highway 1, North
St. Augustine, Florida 32095
904-825-0203

You may run into Patty Wagstaff while you're there. Beautiful place to visit too.

I did my basic aerobatic course at Executive Flyers (Mike Goulian) and was satisfied. I continued on with Rob Holland (#1 unlimited freestyle pilot in the world) and learned a ton more. With Rob you need your own airplane.

Mike

Hello everyone

Thanks a lot for the feedbacks. It is great info and much appreciated..

Jim: I know about Andrew Boyd's school and will consider it if I decide to stay in Canada for my course.It is about 30 minutes flying from my place..

Greg Koontz seems to be a really nice place to train with the All Inclusive package...

If anyone has feedbacks on Tucker's School ( Tutima Academy ), I will appreaciate your comments..

Thanks again

Bruno

Tutima Academy

Tutima Academy is Sean Tucker's school. I did their 10 hour Aerobatic course last year in the Pitts. Was a great experience. Ken Erickson was my primary instructor.

Its a pretty comprehensive course, with a lot of emphasis on safety. Basically, by the end of it I felt comfortable getting into any attitude / situation / spin (all configurations you can think off), and safely returning to the normal flight regime. By the end of it, we were routinely getting into flat inverted spins, doing some introductory tumbles (even a couple of Lomecevaks).

The course is structured such that by the end of the session you should be able to do most of the IAC sportsman level figures.

The airplanes are in top condition and its kind of inspiring spending a few days there.

Feel free to email me if you want more details.

Airzen

Aerobatic Schools

Thanks Airzen

Will do if I decide to use their services..

Cheers

Bruno

+1 for Greg Koontz. Great training, food, stories, and some fun flights in his Cub after the training each day.

Back