What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleaning uncured canopy sealer.

jibby212

Well Known Member
I am going old school with my RV7 sliding canopy and making the fairings from aluminum, Most likely they will be all mechanically attached but I ordered Flamemaster CS 3247 canopy sealant to seal everything up. I plan on masking but what solvent can I safely use on the canopy that will clean the uncured sealant if it does get on the acrylic. I have been searching, It seems like Naptha might work.

What the maker says

I am going old school with my RV7 sliding canopy and making the fairings from aluminum, Most likely they will be all mechanically attached but I ordered Flamemaster CS 3247 canopy sealant to seal everything up. I plan on masking but what solvent can I safely use on the canopy that will clean the uncured sealant if it does get on the acrylic. I have been searching, It seems like Naptha might work.

Go with the manufacturer's data sheet, after all, it is made for windscreens and canopies... :)

http://flamemaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/CS3247-rev-11-20101.pdf

IPA - I'm guessing that "IPA" is IsoPropyl Alcohol for the stuff mentioned in the data sheet, not India Pale Ale. :D

Back