What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Constant Buzzer Warning ...

JerryG150

Well Known Member
I've got a new buzzer warning in both sets of headsets that would not stop until I disconnected the passengers headset from the two plug imputs in the RV-12 next to passenger seat. My headset works fine and passengers headset worked fine on my last flight ... this time I had to shout and my passenger has to shout to communicate. Pilot's headset worked fine (no buzzer) once the passenger's headset was disconnected. Pilots headset is a Lightspeed 15xlc and passenger's headset is a Telex ... I didn't try disconnecting one imput at a time ... guess I should.

Hope someone might have a simple solution before I spend a ton at the avionic shop. :(

Any suggestions would be appreciated ... thanks :confused:

Sounds like a feedback squeal that can occur in the 403 intercom because of a miss match between head sets (refer to Flightcom 403 owners manual).

Try a different combination of head sets. Also, some of the ANR head sets can develop a bad feedback squeal if they are not sealing on the head properly (see head set owners manual). If the squeal is only heard in one head set, this is likely the problem.

Pull the Stall Warning Fuse and see what happens...

Gerry,

I' 'have a quarter' that says that you bumped your stall warning vane and your stall warning 'buzzer is blasting you out of the cockpit'...if the obnoxious buzzer quits when you pull the stall warning fuse you'll know where to look. It is, of course' a good idea to have the stall warning be in working order.

Jay Sluiter
Albany, OR

Is this headset combination new to your RV or have you been flying with theses two headsets before?

I have experienced this with, as mentioned above, the headsets were "miss-matched" but also with matched headsets if one of the two was in stereo mode and the other in mono. If both have a switch, try using the same setting. If one is stereo and the other mono only, switch the stereo one to mono.

The switch is sometimes inside the battery/volume box on the Mic/phone cable.

Headset problem ...

Even though my Telex Echelon 25XT headset worked for the first hour of use, didn't necessarily mean it would work for the second hour too! That seems to be the case in my situation.

I ground checked the headsets and found whenever and wherever my new Telex Echelons were plugged in, alone or in tandem use with my Lightspeed 15XLc, the Echelon caused a high pitched squeal.

Problem solved or at least problem has been sent to Bosch Comm, Inc. in NE for warranty work.

Until then, my wife and I will be shouting at one another ... ;)

Back