What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Infinity Grip in Rear Seat of an -8

flickroll

Well Known Member
I have an Infinity grip in the front seat of my -8 and really like it. I want to install another one in the rear seat too, but it looks like for clearance with the front seat back the stick will have to be SHORT! For those that have dual Infinity's in their RV-8's, how is your rear stick set up? Just cut it short....bend it....other? If bent, how did you go about doing that? Thanks

I bent mine with a pipe bender after applying a lot (think cherry red) of heat. Sit in the back seat to get a feel for the angle before bolting the stick in, the bend will be more to the left than center.

My front stick is bent pretty much on center line with the grip twisted to the left slightly. the back is bent towards the left with the grip twisted towards the left as well. Hard to explain here but easy to understand if you crawl into the back seat.

Rear Infinity Stick

mm7az5.jpg

Danny, that's just what I need. How did you make the bends? I do not have access to a pipe/conduit bender. I do have a torch, however without a mandrel the tube would kink I'm afaraid. is there another way? Thanks

Stick bending

There was an auto shop in west Dallas that had a tubing bender. Most muffler shops do not have mandrels that are small enough to do the RV sticks, but I found one that did. He charged twenty five bucks to make the two bends on the Doll's rear stick, and both sticks on Ron Grover's RV-8 "Hot Stuff".

I'd call around to the shops in your area and ask them if they have the small mandrels. Hot rod shops that build cars might be another place to look.

Good Luck,

Back