What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake hose rubbing

BGordon

Well Known Member
Good afternoon everyone,
I installed my VA-118-1 ( brake line from the fire wall) today and it rubs against the F-601D-L-1 firewall stiffener. I don't think this is acceptable, but was curious on how to correct it. Can I tie it off on the rudder pedal crossbars or should I add spacers to the elbow joint coming from the fire wall
Thanks
B

I riveted a small bit of angle with a nutplate to the firewall angle and secured the hoses with cushion clamps.

You can just see it in the upper-left of this photo:
FP08072012A0005D.jpg

Brandon---you an use adel clamps, or tie wraps to keep the hose off the brace, but DON NOT notch out the brace. YEP---seen that too.
Tom

I just installed mine (-7); same issue. I clocked my bulkhead fittings to around 10:00, which seems to allow clearing the angle. However, the other end of the left line ends up angled in front of the brake pedal. Not sure if it will actually be a problem; too much other stuff in progress in that area (wiring) to sit in there & try the fit. I did notice that with the pedals all the way forward, the lines will still hit the firewall itself, and with them farther aft, the lines rub the top of the pedal torque tube. Colin's solution might be best.

Charlie

Back