What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How did you fill the VA-172-1 lens hole

BGordon

Well Known Member
Afternoon everyone, I have Duck Works landing/taxi lights and plan to use an aftermarket set up on the wing tips for position/nav lights. Therefore I will not be using the exisiting bay provided in the wingtip for lights. I am wondering how did people close these up, did you put the lens on and bondo over the hardware, put 'em on and fiberglass over it? Any suggestions would be awesome.
thanks,
Brandon

Curious ?

Is Van's now providing the wing skins with the Leading Edge light holes already cut????

If you already have the holes and you don't want the Duckworks lights, you might want to consider getting just the lenses and mounting them. It will look "normal" - better then a patch in my opinion. If you ever decide to upgrade to leading edge lights it will be an easy upgrade.

Might have misunderstood me

Thanks for the reply Rick, but I plan to keep the LE lights the way they are, my question is the fiberglass wingtip, what would be the best way of sealing the "notch" provided so that it will be secure and I can paint over it?

Back