What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring diagram for audio panel?

Tram

Well Known Member
I don?t really want to drop $1,000 on an audio panel when it seems like a switch will work just as well.

Anyone have a simplified audio panel setup?

You could use switches if you only want to listen to one audio source at a time. A double pole switch can choose between two audio sources. But if you want to listen to two or more audio sources simultaneously, then the sources need to be isolated from each other. Bob Nuckolls website has a do-it-yourself CIRCUIT that you can build. The audio inputs are isolated from each other using capacitors and resistors. The values of the parts are not critical.

You could get yourself a Garmin GTR 200 radio with built in intercom. I have read of people connecting the auxiliary audio input on the GTR to another VHF radio, then using a separate DPDT switch for changing the mike input from com 1 to com 2 if you really felt you needed a second com, however with the ability to monitor the standby frequency on the GTR 200, I doubt this is really necessary.
Tom.

I don?t really want to drop $1,000 on an audio panel when it seems like a switch will work just as well.

Anyone have a simplified audio panel setup?

I do. Send me a PM with your requirements (one or two coms? Vor? Intercom (have one or want one?) warning tones? Music? (stereo?) how many people (2?), etc) and I?ll PM you the options.

I do. Send me a PM with your requirements (one or two coms? Vor? Intercom (have one or want one?) warning tones? Music? (stereo?) how many people (2?), etc) and I?ll PM you the options.

The plan is to install a Dynon COMM radio along with the panel upgrade. We've got a Narco 12D that'll be staying for the ILS capability.

We've got a PS Engineering 1000II intercom, but are thinking about ditching that in favor of the Dynon unit.

Yes to warning tones. Yes to music.

2 people.

I'll shoot you a PM. I appreciate your help. Figured I'd reply here as well, just to help anyone else who might be in a similar place.

The plan is to install a Dynon COMM radio along with the panel upgrade. We've got a Narco 12D that'll be staying for the ILS capability.

We've got a PS Engineering 1000II intercom, but are thinking about ditching that in favor of the Dynon unit.

Yes to warning tones. Yes to music.

2 people.

I'll shoot you a PM. I appreciate your help. Figured I'd reply here as well, just to help anyone else who might be in a similar place.

Jeff, send me your email address and I'll send my schematics of how I simply used a couple of switches to use two radios into a Dynon intercom.

I do. Send me a PM with your requirements (one or two coms? Vor? Intercom (have one or want one?) warning tones? Music? (stereo?) how many people (2?), etc) and I’ll PM you the options.

Do you still have options for something like this? I just need to add a stereo audio IN signal to my mono intercom. No transmit or cellphone. I'll PM you right now.

Back