What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Come see the West Coast Ravens at the Calgary airshow

This surely would make a good addition to the VAF Calendar. Lots of folks check the calendar for places to go, things to see, etc. And Doug frequently links to it from the VAF News page.

I am planning to head over if all goes well. I will be in a red and tan RV10.

Not sure is I can convince the family to join me.:rolleyes:

C-GTJE

I was at the airshow yesterday. West Coast Ravens were the first show of the day.

z1jupXhb-A5Za2V_epkrccmHs8bUVJBzO_1LWpBYBpCeMUg0KCc3p0EwyIE0M1Ycm-HjTChUHZbHp74DH_0UDer_6zM4DdDT0Vu3SVx8qh03IVu__aA_qGw0YvqYKvEcjyJebUwkPUm33wDo0XHRTz8J42zBM7x5V1FGuQyYszBjRQDms1KabK7EJaX9MZqZy7eQgtqPdCqx-XXHswJQtYWy0nE9Sph3-wbOPvl_cy3k2pfZSKQeeqiyd5RVOuidTJ74ntKqOR8zZ-TFHBRG77-k2hlUORaZDm34jZ93qMjFNgdp53RKfrRYW0blRaBvq8G8sW-QPDkStIh68kd1_8g46vvuq4yXJuDF8G6gCjEFJ1QuXUHpujGnGcDUhYvrelLwZU1UMuXkuKcvjQMT9swRVtL16YPtzhRotsuVJyaiQGF5ZIFHZQzMaL2PGejhR_Ktvrk9fItYyphwp39syHGHesGzneZNkJf_NIhhx0_V0xEkAVqJgmeKeTsrVInaxyq5bLKluKxgK-cXD0Ejkv627Joh9emvLzu0YVgjQgWrCDI3y5gxmmdYlEXz9mpkyKikCokqj9j7I2sHYiXN9JBNnMlAGvw3aNEDAXJ4ghTLBksW_guvh2Sc=w743-h543-no

Nice meeting some of you folks this morning at Springbank and seeing you arrive and fly formation together earlier in the week.

The West Coast Ravens came up a few days early and put on a formation clinic for a few of us prior to the Calgary Springbank airshow. What a great & fun experience! Thankyou!

The Ravens performed as the pre-show act each day of the airshow & impressed all, including the members of the Canadian Snowbirds formation team. Sunday evening the Ravens took 4 of the Snowbird pilots up for rides, guess there might be some RVs in their personal flying futures, RV Grins on all when they landed.

I really enjoyed visiting with the Raven crew! Hope to get down to their spring formation clinic.

Cheers

Last edited:
I can't see that pic on the previous post.

Here is one from our "Ezy" pass.

XEvRvmkZhyQ3_9YTB3izFO28DupRKvXMCNnSb2OPLvYOXPz6FbJlVxzu7pC-w-7vMtoHxaVJqMwT_BR8pgEOku7XNIKmEL2Cz1ypppN2BphUiJNfu50-yAT-p4tk1kMTa9FYLaiTIXWwuSu1hvMLCSLyqz_w2qS6I-Di1CbMNHgBNpdCz5zTYJTvv0F2g77JJOU1V2vZ-9ADxtvmniMMtH4bwxdl8F5iMwe2-09yiwlrtPwa7OKYpASYfff_7PE2MfgaGOA6HdmFrKZLga_mipJA0dQ06Bo7bOwMJyBc_7PVakByLcVp3F6vN1kpf-5rri2VwKx_VMp2Jrh_kF3u8W528qf8KRJk_vLfd_qrIcvcra0SF3tA66Z6Tjft9zJzM3kXNdaRwvxmJ4zdYE3-ZbULOEbyAyTVNA3dNRFXeuGe9SmZFlG7bi1ZbBZKlg5L3fE0K_CGzVeZRQLd4V7MSTWsXVLyhKzYs8IJD1d4mJDFVuC81Ou3iZQ1dYHccckWj8lf5aehH7XP9WtblIH4JLgjY-tks5Mo8ju20-p2bizbLAVrDTC-PZADRsNlmsU3dn53_i1REsPlpR4E-FwUiNrCNvIrLnkW7p3UjNMYq8PPsLBF9yiYdT1H=w960-h531-no

Last edited:
I can see mine (obviously) but I can not see Axel's. Mine is on Google. This 3rd party viewing of photo hosting is very frustrating!

It is very frustrating to read a post and then not get to see the pictures. I know it is not something DR does not want to do, but it would sure make life better for most of us.

...Especially when you are searching for a helping hint on a special subject and the picture is no longer available for some reason related to changing photo hosting site policies etc.!
I thought I sorted out this posting issue by using the url of my google photo but now I learned I couldn't. More strangely it gives me the fake impression that it is visible as it shows up on my end perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Here we go. I tried everything except removing that last part of the link starting with ?. I already have the image tags. Anyway now I learned how to make it work! Thank you Carl.
BTW if my picture doesn't show for some pls let me know.

Here we go. I tried everything except removing that last part of the link starting with ?. I already have the image tags. Anyway now I learned how to make it work! Thank you Carl.
BTW if my picture doesn't show for some pls let me know.

Nice shot Nedim! Do you have a high resolution image that you can share?

Thanks.

I sent this to DR with the pics shown on the front page.

Link from front page: https://dougreeves.smugmug.com/AX4O/

----------------------------------
DR,
The West Coast Ravens had the pleasure of performing in Canada (Calgary) thanks to the hard work that Bill Beaton (VAF member and Reno Rocket racer) accomplished. We took our wives on a vacation and also got to fly in an airshow. Pretty good scam if you ask me. At the end of the day I ended up with approx. 26 hours of flight time in a week and a half. Some of those hours were spent traveling, some practicing for the show and some flying in the show. Out of that flight time, 0.9 hrs will be highlighted in our log books as being special. We were fortunate enough to talk with the Snowbirds during the show. Some of them actually wanted to buy an airplane or fly in a small aircraft. Tommy ?Turbo? Ishii threw out there that we could take them flying and they said ?we are interested?. After the show on Sunday 3 Snowbirds and their military airshow POC came up to our briefing room and we briefed a flight.

Attached are a few pics that my wife took. I don?t have pics from other Ravens yet so you may see my face too many times. The Snowbirds were down to earth and enjoyed flying with us. They let 3 of our Ravens sit in their flight brief Sunday morning. Their number 6 wanted to fly with our number 6 (Cougar) and called her out on the brief for ride. I exchanged coins with #4 and so on. Bob ?Nasty? Mills lead the flight with Bill Beaton in his other seat.

As you can see from the pics everyone was in a joyful state. They even made my airplane and honorary Snowbird (not really they just put a sticker on it).
---------------------------------

Nice shot Nedim! Do you have a high resolution image that you can share?

Thanks.

I'm sorry, I don't have any high res images. I shot this with my cell phone. Too busy to remember bringing a better camera. I might have a couple more low res "action" images in my phone though.

Last edited:
The photos from Axel's wife that DR uploaded to Smugmug albume are outstanding. Only one inflight photo though! :)

The photos from Axel's wife that DR uploaded to Smugmug albume are outstanding. Only one inflight photo though! :)

We were busy flying. No passengers during the show. And the Snowbirds were busy flying the RVs when they came out. We do have video. at some point we will put something out.

Back