What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Only one RV-12 registered in Canada?

Nedimbek

I was searching Transport Canada website yesterday and came up with only one RV-12 registered in Canada so far. That was in late 2011 and nothing more.

I was planning to start building one and I am quite disappointed with this fact. Then I asked myself there might be a reason for RV-12 not being a plane of choice for Canadians.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nedim

I think it has to do with not being able to fit hockey sticks and gear in the back with the fuel tank there. That has to be it.

I really like the 12. I almost built one but decided on the 9A for high altitude advantages because when I started, the airport I flew out of was 8000', Aspen CO, or Glenwood Springs at 6300'.

I will be getting a chance to see a 12 up close later this month when I get back home. A 12 owner has graciously offered to show me his plane and even give me a ride. I am trying to finish my 9A but have been working out of state too much!!

As long as you don't play hockey, the 12 will be about as good as it gets for it's designed mission. Have fun!

I don't play hokey but I have a 90lbs. Doberman though. My main concern is we may not be able to fly all together with him in the baggage area!

Back