What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Fuel Valve Extension

BGordon

Well Known Member
Good afternoon,
I have ordered my Andair Fuel Valve and will be using the Aircraft Extra's Center Console in my 7 and need the Extension. The only one I can find online is from Aircraft Spruce, but it says to call them for availability and price. I did that, and they have to email Andair in the UK to determine their availibility. My question is...does anyone know of another source for these extensions? I would prefer a place in the DFW area I could drive to and pick up this weekend.

Thanks
Brandon

Brandon,
As I recall when you order the valve and also order an extension, they ship you a different configuration to accomdate the extension piece. I don't believe you can simply take a piece of extruded extension and extend a standard valve. Someone else may chime in and verify this, or you can contact and andair

Brandon,
As I recall when you order the valve and also order an extension, they ship you a different configuration to accomdate the extension piece. I don't believe you can simply take a piece of extruded extension and extend a standard valve. Someone else may chime in and verify this, or you can contact and andair

Verified.

Mine will be arriving in the mail tomorrow. They send you an extension and a larger face plate... I may be forgetting one other part that is needed. probably an end adapter piece or something.

Make sure you get all the parts

Brandon, I just went through this a couple of months ago. I ordered the valve through Van's, but they didn't offer the extension. I looked all around but found no other vender because the extension rod has specific groves cut into it to mate with the other bits.

In addition to the valve, you will need the 12" rod (it will be cut down to approximately 9").

From the bottom up, you will also need an adaptor that mates the valve to the rod, an upper universal joint, and an upper drive assembly to mate to the selector handle that you attach to the console. The selector handle has a seat you attach to the console and the red triangle selector fits onto the upper drive assembly. The top red selector handle is a little larger than the lower handle that would fit directly on the valve if you were not using the extension.

I had an issue with Andair where the notch in the upper drive assembly was not "clocked" in the same position as the post out of the valve. I plummed the valve while I was waiting on the parts. When I went to attach the upper handle, it was pointing 30* off because Andair sent the wrong spindle. I e-maile them and they sent me another one in the mail at no cost, but shipping took a week or so.

I wasn't able to find these components anywhere else but directly from Andair's website.

Good luck. and Gig 'em

Back