What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring Ray Allen rocker / Infinity question

Subwaybob

Well Known Member
Background:
I have an Infinity grip installed to a 3 axis trim relay. One axis is for the flaps and the other two for roll and pitch. (Works fabulous BTW) I also have on the panel the rocker switches from Ray Allen. I would like to wire those as I did the flaps switch on the panel. (It is wired to activate ground so it will work on my 3 axis trim.) My guess is they are just DPDT switches. However as you may know it has a power, ground and two white wires coming out.

Question:
Any suggestions on how to wire those so one wire will ground when you push to the left and the other ground when you push to the right?

Thanks in advance!

Subway,

I think one white is up and the other down.

Call and we can talk.

Solution

Since no one knew this and it seems to be a completely new problem I will post my findings.

Two solutions:
1. Get two SPDT switches almost the same size and use those.
2. Rewire the Ray Allen switch. I have not tried this but it does say on their website that this can be done. I will attempt this and report further. Here is the link for the page that says how to. It's on the last page (#3).

http://www.rayallencompany.com/RACmedia/instructionsRS2withmods.pdf

BTW thanks Bruce for the input!

You have found the correct reference. As they come, the two white leads are shorted together when the switch is in the center, neutral position.
You can follow page two, with diodes; or page 3 without diodes.
IF you are driving the relays with only this switch, not the stick switch too, you could have used the page 2 diagram without the diodes.

Looks like it's resolved. Apparently if you follow the drawings posted on Ray Allen's website it works perfectly. I rewired the rocker switches and they now work flawless with my Infinity grip, and the three axis relays. On a side note you can also do this with your flaps if you also want those on the panel as I do. You only need a SPDT (Single pole double throw) switch, ground it and voila!

Back