What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Wings

Scott McKeand

I'm New Here
Hello RV Guru's. My name is Scott McKeand. I am a newly proud owner of an RV 10 that was totaled in a tornado. I actually had a tail kit that I was starting on when I came across this machine at auction. The major damage is the tail and wings. The wings are repairable but I thought I would check on the forum to see if anyone had a set of wings they were looking to sell for any reason? I had also seen that there was a company advertising heated leading edges for the RV 10 as icing safety but when I tried to contact them they didn't respond. Does anyone have any history or news about this company or its products?

Hello RV Guru's. My name is Scott McKeand. I am a newly proud owner of an RV 10 that was totaled in a tornado. I actually had a tail kit that I was starting on when I came across this machine at auction. The major damage is the tail and wings. The wings are repairable but I thought I would check on the forum to see if anyone had a set of wings they were looking to sell for any reason? I had also seen that there was a company advertising heated leading edges for the RV 10 as icing safety but when I tried to contact them they didn't respond. Does anyone have any history or news about this company or its products?

Regarding heated wings, both of the companies that were providing it have stopped.

I spoke with CAV, the makers of TKS. They would be open to designing a system for the RV-10 if enough people were interested.

Welcome to VAF

Scott, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

Best of luck with the rebuild.

Regarding heated wings, both of the companies that were providing it have stopped.

I spoke with CAV, the makers of TKS. They would be open to designing a system for the RV-10 if enough people were interested.

So sorry to hear they stopped producing :(. It would be nice to have that safety measure. If you hear any more news on TKS please share

So sorry to hear they stopped producing :(. It would be nice to have that safety measure. If you hear any more news on TKS please share

If you're serious, PM me contact info and I'll start keeping a list of serious interest to send to CAV someday as ammo to get them building a system.

Back