What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

UAvionixs ADS-B Tailbeacon-RV7

I recently went through installing the UAvionix Tailbeacon in my RV7. Initially I was unable to get a clean PAPR ( Public ADS-B Performance Report) but after talking with Ryan at UAvionix multiple times a new Tailbeacon was sent to me and performed successsfully. The support from UAvionix was great.

Tail Beacon

I installed a tail beacon on my 6A back in August. It took 4 hours due to the way the builder installed the original light in the rudder. Otherwise, I do believe it would have been a 15 minute install. I went for a test flight and tried to stay mostly in the mode c vail of the DC SFRA. I had the report within a couple hours of the flight and showed nearly perfect. Months later uAvionix came out with their version of the ADSB rebate for those of us not installing a "certified" unit. So I emailed and inquired if I would be eligible since I was an early user. The reply was sure and after emailing a few pics of the install I received a gift card for $150. Outstanding company to deal with and will certainly use them for anything else they offer I may need. So far no issues with the unit.

Back