What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO-360-M1 exhaust gasket (XP-360)

Jim P

Well Known Member
For the engine wizards, I'm trying to determine the right exhaust gasket for my Superior IO-360-M1. I pulled the aft exhaust pipes to fix a small leak and it appears that the gaskets I pulled off were the Rapco RA970, which are supposedly Continental parts with a 1.5" internal diameter. According to the tables I can find it appears that the SL77611 part with in internal diameter of 1.75" may be the right gasket. I'm wondering if I had the smaller/ incorrect gasket on there from the beginning?

Superior doesn't install the exhaust system, that's an owner installed item, so the responsibilty for that error lies with the installer.

There's no disagreement on who installed the parts (that I know), I'm just looking for the verification on the correct part number. From what I can tell, I believe it should be the 77611.

Superior doesn't install the exhaust system, that's an owner installed item, so the responsibilty for that error lies with the installer.

What? . . . .

My AWI system just arrived, it has 1.75" tubes, and it came with RA-77611 gaskets for an IO-360 M1B. I have not trial fitted the system but can check the fit with the port if you need that.

Lyc PN: 65321, which is RA77611 or RA75118

Don't forget continental also makes an IO360 which is probably where the confusion came from, it uses the OEM PN 630365.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, yes, the RA970 appears compatible with the Continental IO-360. Not sure exactly where those gaskets came from, as I did find a brand new spare set of 77611 gaskets here! We pulled the #3 jug a couple years ago for some glazing, and I suspect we may have pulled the wrong gaskets at the shop.

Back