VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-18-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:

Each to his own I suppose although I used to tell my kids "before calling someone dorky, look in the mirror."

V/R
Smokey

PS:The Viper, the RV4 or RV3,are snug but The Sonerai, now that was "wearing the airplane."

As one dorky looking dude, I resemble that remark. Actually, had I known about that option (or it existed) I may have availed myself of it way back when. Might have avoided a few unwelcome encounters between head and canopy while flying on those bumpy fall days ( like yesterday). As for the Soneri, looks like a fun ride but no way I could cram myself in anything tighter than a -4 but, given the opportunity, Id stuff myself in a -3 just to see if it could possibly be more fun to fly than my ride.
KEZF
Old 10-18-2018, 02:17 PM

Default Hey, that's me...

Richard,
Yessir, I can totally relate as well, the one they were usually accusing was me!
Lance assured me he can make a custom RV4 canopy to help solve height problems or contour it closer for style. His strong point is acuity, much better than stock...
The Sonerai was awesome and greatly missed. It reminded me of being a kid running around the yard with your arms out pretending to fly, except....
You are flying!

V/R
Smokey

Not much canopy height to spare...but fun personified. Hey Van, how bout an RV5 suggestion

Last edited by smokyray : 10-18-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:25 PM

N244BJ RV-6 "victim of SNF tornado" 1200+ hrs, rebuilding
N8155F C150 flying
N7925P PA-24-250 Comanche, restoring
Not a thing I own is stock.