Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 05-04-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonFromTX View Post
Your statements I believe you think are correct, but I just experienced a far different outcome. I have checked and double checked the data given, and what I stated is the way it is. I am not allowed to see information the broker gave the insurance company, would they alter the facts to get a larger amount in their percent of the premium?
I can understand the motive of brokers not wanting customers to shop around for a better deal, but I sure found out it pays to do so. I don't think this is the platform for me to submit copies of the quotes or name businesses involved.
We would rather not get into a public argument about this but feel the need to at least defend our reputation/ethics. We take it very seriously when claims such as these are made and so we looked into the matter. Per the underwriter at the insurance company, the reason for the extreme premium difference is that that our quote had accurate information about the risk and the other quote specifically excluded a pilot that was on ours. Don, we would be happy to go over this with you if you want to call us at 877-475-5860. We don't feel it is appropriate to discuss your personal information on a public forum without your consent.

So our statement remains true; If you give us the same information as another broker, you will get the same quote.

Through a computer itís easy to view us as some faceless corporation but the truth of the matter is we are 3 women who love what we do and we always want whatís best for our customers.

Gallagher Aviation
877-475-5860
Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
(Formerly NationAir Aviation Insurance)
www.ajg.com/lightaircraft / www.ajg.com
Opinions and advice provided by Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. is not intended to be, and should not be construed to be, legal advice. Please direct any request for legal advice to your attorney.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:10 PM

well said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
And I don't know of any other insurance company that throws a party every year at Oshkosh for RV owners and sponsors the monday nite Beer shindig
I've been with them for over 14 years and wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Simplicity is the art in design.

see Amanda Melton for www.rvplasticparts.com
Old 05-04-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRingeisen View Post
Through a computer itís easy to view us as some faceless corporation but the truth of the matter is we are 3 women who love what we do and we always want whatís best for our customers.
I can vouch for that statement.

I primarily deal with Shanna.
She has always been great with providing clear understandable info regarding all of the different choices they can offer me. Do you know that you can now get coverage that is equivalent to AAA for your airplane? I didn't, but she made sure I knew it is available.

Gallagher Aviation and the people that work there is top notch. Sponsoring the events at OSH every year proves that serving their customers the best they can is a high priority in their business.

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 05-04-2018, 04:20 PM

Default AAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbuilder2002 View Post
<SNIP>Do you know that you can now get coverage that is equivalent to AAA for your airplane?</SNIP>
I didn't know that - but I would like to know more!
First Flight July 26th, 2014
380 hours and counting . . . .
Now based at Moontown (3M5)
Old 05-04-2018, 04:20 PM

You sure got that right Scott, I just finished a lengthy conversation with Shanna at Gallagher Aviation, and I will vouch for a person that knows her field and will treat you right. My biggest failure was not contacting her earlier about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbuilder2002 View Post
I can vouch for that statement.

I primarily deal with Shanna.
She has always been great with providing clear understandable info regarding all of the different choices they can offer me. Do you know that you can now get coverage that is equivalent to AAA for your airplane? I didn't, but she made sure I knew it is available.

Gallagher Aviation and the people that work there is top notch. Sponsoring the events at OSH every year proves that serving their customers the best they can is a high priority in their business.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Langhout View Post
I didn't know that - but I would like to know more!
Maybe I should have said Similar to AAA. I didn't read up on the details but if you give them a call at Gallagher, I am sure they could send you some info.

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 05-04-2018, 08:45 PM

I took Walt's advice just this week and started my first RV policy with Galligher. I was also very happy with the service. I had many questions about future ideas of LODA / instructing and all my questions got answered.

RV-6, IO-320, Catto
Old 05-04-2018, 10:53 PM

I checked a bunch of places guys in my field and surrounding fields said would be cheaper. None were at least not enough to matter. I started with Gallagher and have been pretty happy with them though Iíve never had a claim with them yet..

Thatís when you really know.

While I'm not a builder if I happen to give advice , I will not be responsible for damage to equipment, your ego, parts, world wide power outages, spontaneously generated black holes, planetary disruptions, or personal injury that may result from the use of this advice.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:20 AM

I am of the belief that the various ratings brokers and insurance companies receive pretty well reflects how well they pay claims, Gallagher seems to have top ratings there and I believe they would not give you a quote from a company that won't pay claims..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo69bird View Post
I checked a bunch of places guys in my field and surrounding fields said would be cheaper. None were at least not enough to matter. I started with Gallagher and have been pretty happy with them though Iíve never had a claim with them yet..

Thatís when you really know.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:52 AM
been here awhile

So Don, you made some pretty strong claims about the insurance industry not being ethical. It seems you have a different opinion now, could you enlighten us as to why your position has changed? A post from Gallagher appears to indicate the reasons if we read between the lines but in fairness to insurance brokers it would be nice if you could set the record straight.