What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recommended replacement interval for fuel & oil lines?

Dean Pichon

Well Known Member
What is the recommended replacement interval (in either calendar time or hours of accumulated service) for:

• Flexible fuel lines? (Do the SS braid/PTFE lined hoses carry the same interval as the cloth rubber variety?)
  • Soft aluminium lines? (Mine look still look new, but are a bit long in the tooth...)

Thanks,

The Teflon lines are unlimited life. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be checked for any leakage or abnormalities on a regular basis (Condition Inspection time).
The rubber hoses, like the Mil-6000 should be checked regularly, and be replaced at 7-9 years.
Aluminum lines should never have to be replaced. However, they should be checked at the fittings for any signs of leakage. The flares can crack over time if they weren't properly deburred or overtightened.

Vic

rubber-lined stainless braid hoses are supposed to be replaced on some certified aircraft (piper and cessna) at 5-year intervals. I replaced mine at 6 years with TS flightlines teflon-lined hoses.

rubber-lined stainless braid hoses are supposed to be replaced on some certified aircraft (piper and cessna) at 5-year intervals. I replaced mine at 6 years with TS flightlines teflon-lined hoses.

I did the same thing at 9 years. Sent old hoses to Tom and received back a new teflon set.
I recently disassembled the old hoses to salvage the fittings. All of the original hoses where still plyable and fittings tight.

Back